Are you a frequent traveler who wants to save time and skip the long security lines at the airport? If you’re flying with Delta Air Lines, adding TSA Precheck to your Delta app can be a game-changer. TSA Precheck is a program that allows pre-approved travelers to enjoy expedited security screening, making the travel experience smoother and more efficient. In this article, we will guide you through the process of adding TSA Precheck to the Delta app, ensuring you can breeze through security hassle-free.
Traveling can often be a hectic experience, especially when it comes to navigating airport security. However, by adding TSA Precheck to your Delta app, you can streamline the process and enjoy a stress-free journey. In the following sections, we will explain what TSA Precheck is, its benefits, and guide you through the steps to add it to your Delta app.
2. What is TSA Precheck?
TSA Precheck is a trusted traveler program offered by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) in the United States. It is designed to enhance the security screening process for low-risk travelers. With TSA Precheck, eligible passengers can enjoy expedited screening, bypassing the need to remove shoes, belts, jackets, and laptops from their bags. This program aims to provide a more efficient and convenient experience at airport security checkpoints.
3. Benefits of TSA Precheck
Adding TSA Precheck to your Delta app comes with several advantages:
- Expedited screening: TSA Precheck members can use dedicated security lanes, which are typically shorter and move faster than regular lines.
- Efficiency: You don’t have to remove your shoes, belts, or lightweight jackets, making the process quicker and more convenient.
- Laptop and liquid convenience: With TSA Precheck, you can leave your laptop in its case and keep your travel-sized liquids and gels in your carry-on bag.
- Reduced stress: By skipping the regular security lines, you can save time and enjoy a more relaxed travel experience.
- Access to Global Entry benefits: TSA Precheck members are also eligible for expedited customs and immigration screening when returning to the United States.
4. Eligibility for TSA Precheck
Not everyone is eligible for TSA Precheck. To qualify for the program, you must meet certain criteria, which include being a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or lawful permanent resident. Additionally, some foreign citizens may be eligible through trusted traveler programs such as Global Entry. It’s important to check the eligibility requirements before applying for TSA Precheck.
Applying for TSA Precheck
To add TSA Precheck to your Delta app, you need to apply for the program first. The application process involves the following steps:
- Start by visiting the official TSA Precheck website. You can find the link in the resources section below.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button to begin your application.
- Fill out the online application form with accurate personal information, including your name, date of birth, address, and contact details.
- Schedule an appointment for an in-person interview at a TSA enrollment center. During the interview, you will be asked to provide identification documents such as a passport or driver’s license.
- Pay the application fee, which is non-refundable. Currently, the fee for TSA Precheck is $85 for a five-year membership.
- Once your application is approved, you will receive a Known Traveler Number (KTN) via mail.
- Keep your KTN handy as you’ll need it to add TSA Precheck to your Delta app.
Adding TSA Precheck to the Delta App
Now that you have obtained your Known Traveler Number (KTN), you can proceed to add TSA Precheck to your Delta app. Follow the step-by-step guide below:
Step 1: Update Your Delta App
Make sure you have the latest version of the Delta app installed on your smartphone. Visit the app store (Google Play Store for Android or App Store for iOS) and check for any available updates. Download and install the updates if necessary.
Step 2: Log into Your Delta Account
Open the Delta app on your smartphone and log into your Delta account. If you don’t have an account, you can create one by following the on-screen instructions.
Step 3: Access the “Profile” Section
Once you’re logged in, navigate to the “Profile” section within the app. This section usually contains your personal information and travel preferences.
Step 4: Select “My Wallet”
Within the “Profile” section, locate and select the “My Wallet” option. This is where you can manage your payment methods, loyalty cards, and travel documents.
Step 5: Add TSA Precheck
In the “My Wallet” section, you should see an option to add TSA Precheck. Select this option and enter your Known Traveler Number (KTN) when prompted. Make sure to double-check the accuracy of the number before saving it.
Congratulations! You have successfully added TSA Precheck to your Delta app. Now, when you book a flight with Delta, your TSA Precheck status will be recognized, and you’ll be able to enjoy the benefits of expedited security screening.
7. Tips for a Smooth Process
To ensure a seamless experience when adding TSA Precheck to your Delta app, consider the following tips:
- Double-check your eligibility: Before applying for TSA Precheck, review the eligibility criteria to ensure you meet the requirements.
- Apply in advance: It’s recommended to apply for TSA Precheck well in advance of your travel dates to allow sufficient processing time.
- Follow the instructions: When filling out the application and attending the in-person interview, carefully follow the instructions provided to avoid any delays or complications.
- Keep your documents safe: Once approved, keep your Known Traveler Number (KTN) in a secure place and have it readily available when needed.
- Update your Delta app: Regularly check for updates to the Delta app to ensure you have the latest features and enhancements, including the ability to add TSA Precheck.